Friday, March 26, 2010

To the birthday Lizard

I met -- let's call her "L" -- after a poetry reading at the Slippery Noodle. She was cute and tiny and a little timid and I believe her poem was about bugs. Cockroaches, I think (I could be wrong). To be honest, the poem wasn't very good but the passion and interest were there. So, I approached her, feeling as though I were a kind of seasoned poet in the group. It was her first public reading and she would certainly be interested in any input I might have. She was a dancer. Not a stripper dancer, but a real ballerina dancer -- which totally impressed me. I mean, I can barely tie my shoes. And this girl -- this woman -- could twirl around on the tips of her toes. Now, that is cool. Actually, what I found to be even cooler was that she could raise her leg and touch her knee to her ear. I loved that as a party trick ("Ok, "l" -- show everyone -- lift your leg and make your knee touch your ear"). It's not that I kept her around as a party trick, cause she was really fun and funny too, but the party trick was a good one. Anyway, she was creative, wonderful, fun and the crazy dancer bug poetry chick turned into one of my bestest friends ever. Her birthday was this week and so, to my friend, cheers. More stories to come later.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the first time you saw Lizard touch her leg to her ear. You tried to do it too. It didn't work so well.

    ReplyDelete