Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Twinkies

I am already behind. I mean, the pressure is huge to be relavent and informative and witty and, well, whatever else a blogger is supposed to be. But, you can't be any of that if you don't even keep the blog current and regular.

So why am I behind? No good reason. Every good reason. Well, no good reason.

Random thoughts ....

My friend Rachel came over and we painted. It was fun and Rachel's painting was a great depiction of what it's like to look at the sky through a forest of Aspens -- a fabulous experience and very worthy of fine painting. I did a self-portrait/Ode to Doogie. It was meant to hang in our new StrangeSugar Tap Room. Unfortunately, last night it fell on the floor and one of the cats urinated on it. Sad. Maybe I will take a picture of it and make it my Facebook Profile Picture.

I was confused and confounded as I watched people protest the closure of parks in Arizona. I dont' like it either, but the sign I saw on the news (Where Will I Camp?) when it seems to me the sign should really say "What Am I Going to Go When I Have a Stroke" when the hospital start closing and EDs are overrun by people who no longer have access to primary care. The budget crisis is amazing and somehow we need to figure out a creative way to get to the other side.

Running. Two trail runs. I am starting to like it. Sometimes. Somedays. Some runs. Really, it's true. And I continue to really like runners. Most of the time. Except when they talk about running a long way. Then, it hurts. My bikes seem to be a bit depressed because they keep getting left behind -- but I will get to them later.

So, words of wisdom? "Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date.... ." Or so says Woody Harrelson as Tallehasse in the movie Zombieland, which Chris is watching right now. We all have an expiration date, so...... Live for the Day, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment